Where do your fears come from?
This is a difficult topic to discuss because whether we admit it or not, we all have fears. Some may be greater than others but nonetheless when we least expect them, they pop up. Just the other day, I was walking the beach when I heard a loud boom sound. I jumped and was startled only to realize that it was nothing to be concerned about - it came from a construction site yet my body went into a constricted response. I thought about how easy it is to feel fear or ever discomfort at any given moment.
Is it any wonder why people experience the emotion of fear so easily when we are taught fear from early childhood? Just think about it. We are taught to fear authority figures; the many religions teach fear and want us to fear the wrath of God. Governments rule their people through fear tactics and parents pass their fears onto their children. We can honestly say that fear is one of the most important factors that will affect our work and careers, relationships and overall personal psyche.
Fear can cause you to feel nervous, anxious and as a result it can actually impair your performance and overall well-being. So how can you move through your fears and neutralize them? Here are a few ways that have helped me and I hope they will help you too.
1. Recognize what it is that is causing you to feel afraid. In other words, identify the fear.
2. Do not give into the fear talk to yourself and state the reasons why fear will only debilitate you. Is that what you want? Of
course not so be sincere with your feelings and work to keep moving towards your goal; you will not get there through fear, only through confidence.
3. Talk to yourself and then talk to God and your Angel friends and ask them to support you and strengthen your resolve.
4. Breathe deeply and relax your stomach and solar plexus area; you will not be able to pull this off unless you can breathe easily and relax. In truth, there is nothing that can harm you so keep your attitude and beliefs in control.
5. You possess great inner strength so use it now and I promise you when ���the moment' arrives that you begin to feel anxious about something, you will be able to walk tall, feel awesome and realize that it was all your inner strength that got you through as you conquered your fears.
All above five (5) steps that I just discussed are valuable tips and techniques that most definitely will help you move through your anxiety and self-doubt. You are a very powerful being and all those tools are actually natural to you. Do not move into hopelessness; remember once you have been able to shake this anxiety off the first time, you will always be able to accomplish that scenario again and again in the future as you continue to follow the steps and walk towards feeling comfortable and at ease with who you are. You deserve to experience great joy. Face your fears and put them in the past.