Something to think about!
I recently read an article that peaked my interest. It brought to light the drunkenness of the youth in England and their deliberate desire to become not only binge drinkers but completely unconscious all in the name of fun. As I read further into the article, I realized that the only cure that that Country was attempting to put in place was through higher taxation. It was assumed that by forcing people to pay more, they would mend their ways and change. It certainlydoesn'tsurprise me and it probablydoesn'tsurprise you either to see that our governments think that all issues in life can be resolved through money or taxation.
When are we going to get back to the basics of life and face the issue head on? If the youth have a desire to get drunk, higher taxation will not solve the problem, only looking for the root issue will do that. Maybe it is time for all of us to acknowledge that people are hurting and are screaming out for attention. I am certainly not condoning their behavior or actions and I certainly do not think they are deliberately seeking to self-destruct, yet one observation is very clear to me people of all ages are searching for various ways to numb their pain and resolve unhappiness.
This is not about having fun or excitement in one's life but rather about finding a more rewarding channel to experience genuine fun and joy. It is at epidemic level in England and it is probably at various levels in different countries of the world as well so maybe it is time for us to take a new look at why we are here in the first place and how can we attain a fulfilling lifestyle and still have fun and excitement.
I realize that the entertainment industry does not want to take any credit for all of the world's problems but their lack of responsibility and their greed for the bottom line definitely plays a role in this movie. Negative behavior has been portrayed with rewards, acceptance and humor. Our role models are no longer trustworthy and their reason for acting and sharing their thoughts is highly compromised because it is all about sensationalism. Ratings go up and public attention increases when the story gets hot and steamy.
Until we take a hard look within our individual heart's and soul's and begin to understand that all inner peace, contentment and happiness starts on the inside of us, we will continue to self-destruct and experience sadness and dis-ease in our lives. I have dedicated a great part of my life working in this direction and sharing my messages. Some people have gained and grown because of it while other only scorn and ridicule.
A new age is dawning where people are becoming more in tune with their inner knowingness, which is also called their inner voice. It is the difference of living in the time of Sodom and Gomorrah where people self-destruct or creating a new era where wisdom and understanding will bring us to a greater understanding of the power that each individual possesses that is the power to experience peace, harmony and joy. That power can only be attained if and when we are willing to change our old way of thinking and seek a new reason for living. We can no longer be in difference to the process of life and how we participate in its grand scheme.
How do we do that, you might ask? Here are a few suggestions.
1. Don't look at life as a joke but rather seriously look within to find your purpose for being here in other words, put real deep meaning into your life
2. Maybe you need to change your perception of viewing life and take a broader look at how you want your life tobecome that will give you a step in the right direction towards awareness
3. Ask for guidance from God and his team of Angels. When I am faced with a difficult moment in my life, I call out for help and help always finds me. Help comes in different shapes and forms so be receptive to all new thoughts and encounters that are being placed in front of you
4. We are all seeker of something more and that something more often eludes us because we are looking in thewrong places. It would be most rewarding if you set aside time and a space in your life where you could reflect on what brings you joy. Once you identify with your joy and inner happiness, you will be on the road towards experiencing your bliss
5. Express compassion and a deep understanding for yourself and others in your sphere of influence our youth are acting out and expressing themselves inappropriately because they feel empty inside and that emptiness has led to desperate and erotic behavior. Only you can write the story of your life why not make it a life worth living?