New Year--New You
Yes it is all about you your life your choices your joy and above all, your new possibilities. Life is magical. It can give you a feeling of experiencing a magical moment, be in awe at new opportunities and even experience possibilities that will and can make things happen that you never expected; however, if you do not do anything to make it happen, you will wither and die. Oh, maybe not die physically but you may die emotionally, mentally and/or spiritually and that can be devastating.
If you are a person who wants to make some changes in your life, then you must and I restate, you must do something about it. After all you are the only person who can make the change happen. So my dear friends, if you do nothing nothing will happen and if you decide that change is not only possible but needed, you will most definitely do what ever is needed to make sure your life will facilitate all that is needed to make sure the change will materialize.
Aristotle said: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." That is why I encourage you to take it seriously! We are coming into a New Year. I want you to start creating some new habits that might help you improve the quality of your life and make those changes that you have been hoping to achieve. In other words, consciously create new habits that will enable you to make the positive changes that you have been craving to bring forth.
Everything in life is formed because of the habits that we choose. So what is a habit and how do we create them? Habits are patterns or practices that we follow over and over again until they become second nature and then they eventually become a part of our lives. Our habits define who we are and who we have become and because of the habits that we follow, we usually perform in a defined and involuntary manner and often unconscious of our behavior.
So possibly the next question to ask is:"How do I create new habits in my life?" There are many options that you can choose and follow. Below I will suggest a few that I believe will help you get started on your new pathway towards change in 2013.
1. Take responsibility for your attitude, behavior and the environment in which you live. I have spoken about these three words many times over the years and I still believe that if you are willing to take these words to heart and sincerely explore their meaning you will most definitely change your beliefs and thoughts for the better.
2. Stand tall on what you value and hold dear to your heart. It does matter what you hold as sacred and true. Those principles that you value will shape your way of performing and living.
3. Reject negative thoughts and concentrate on the positive side of life. It is so easy to fall into the trap of negativity but a wise and smart person knows that when you focus on the positive side of life, opportunities and creative ideas are being nurtured and formed.
4. Always seek solutions and refuse to focus on the problem. There are always new ways to explore if and when you are ready to seek them out.
5. Believe in your abilities and powers. Each one of us has a special skill and gift that has been given to us from God, the Creator of all that is. I encourage you not to look a gift horse in the mouth in other words, don't waste your precious time but rather honor and accept the truth as a gift from God. This gift will enable you to succeed if and when you are willing and able to examine it, define it and put it into action as you make it a part of your way of living. That is how entrepreneurs have been born.
Yes this is the beginning of a New Year and a New You! How are you going to make the most of it?
Joan Marie Ambrose