Joy vs. sadness- how do we overcome
Loneliness, depression, feeling sad -these emotions can be dissolved and removed from your energy field and thinking process when you willingly seek out experiences that will bring you joy or something pleasant to fill your mind and thinking process. It is actually normal to gravitate to negativity because our Ego mind likes to keep us in a state of dependency and control. That is why it is important to be alert to the strong hold that the Ego mind has over you and that is also why we must be diligent in keeping our focus on thoughts, ideas and ways that will bring joy into our lives.
Your natural state of being is one of joy and balance with the energy of the Universe. It is only because we allow our minds to slide into negative thoughts that bring forth our fears, sadness and loneliness. You can let it go. It is time for you to trust in the process of life and know that all goodness and well-being is yours for the asking. Your body is simply responding to the contents of your thoughts. That is why it is vital for your well-being to watch your thoughts and learn how to become the master over them instead of your thoughts controlling you and your feelings.
You can do it. Of course I will repeat my usual statement you have to be willing to do your work and yes, it does take effort. If I can do it, so can you. The major requirements are:
- Learning to keep your thoughts in check
- Staying alert at all times It is so easy to slide into numbness and isolation.
- When you feel sadness or a sense of loneliness surface in your mind and heart, immediately do something that will allow you to shift your energy and move back into balance. An example is to put on some music that pleases you and makes you feel alive; or get involved in a good book that transports you into the world of the characters in the book. It helps a lot.
- Continue to say over and over again, I trust in the process of life to help me reach my desired results. I can do it
- Begin to take some kind of action steps that will move you towards your next level of accomplishment and motivation.
Sadness and loneliness is a state of mind and is simply held in place because of bad habits. Life is full of habits we either surround ourselves with good and fruitful habits or we allow bad habits to take over our minds and our action and slide backward into sadness, loneliness and even despair.
I must remind you that minute-by-minute we are making choices in our lives. Be vigilant over your thoughts. They have the power to make you feel joy or allow you to feel sad. I hope some of these helpful tips will benefit you and encourage you to make some of the right choices for your life. I wish you great joy!
Joan Marie Ambrose