Fear Change? 5 Tips for Personal Growth and Transformation
Franklin D. Roosevelt said at his first Inaugural Address, "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." This statement is so true in so many ways. When we fear change, we aren't necessarily fearing the change, we are fearing the unknown; and the unknown can sometimes be scary for some who aren't ready to embrace the possibilities that lie within the transformational process.
Following are five tips to overcoming personal fears for personal growth and transformation:
1. Acceptance that change happens: When change is presented, don't automatically assume that it will be negative. You must view change as an opportunity. Sometimes, change happens to motivate or inspire us to take us in a new direction. Change also happens to help us understand what we need to do in life to improve our circumstances and relationships -- both personally and professionally.
2. Self-discovery: Change is a time for self-discovery. At the crossroad of our lives, we need to look within for the strength and courage to overcome fear of the unknown. When we do, we discover a wealth of intuitive knowledge that will help to lead us on our journeys.
3. Patience: Patience is one of those virtues many of us don't like to practice. It is, however, necessary to practice so we can sift through the new conditions that are being presented to us. By becoming more patient, we learn how to become cautiously optimistic. Optimism is what allows us to move forward without regret.
4. Design your outcome: When you become an observant and not an active participant in the external changes that are happening around you,
you are able to intuitively design the outcome that you want. Meditate on the goals you want to reach during this time, and facilitate the changes that are happening to create your own destiny.
5. Embrace your destination: Once you've overcome the initial change that has occurred in your life, embrace your destination with enthusiasm and adventure. The most important part of life is experiencing the journey, and daring yourself to explore the many facets of life, which you have not yet discovered.
Remember, life may present challenges -- our reaction to those challenges is what determines our outcome. Develop your inner wisdom to realize that change happens, and use that wisdom to manifest personal growth and happiness in all things. I like to think of change as my opportunity for greatness and I am always seeking to become better.